This homemade keto cheese sauce is the perfect sauce for just about anything – chips, crackers, roasted vegetables, steak, chicken, eggs, you name it. It is rich and creamy and easy to customize based on the ingredients you have on hand. Best of all, it comes together in less than 10 minutes.
Ingredients in Keto Cheese Sauce
How to make the Best Homemade Cheese Sauce
Step by Step Directions
STEP 1: Place the heavy cream, cheddar cheese, garlic, Dijon mustard, hot sauce, salt, and pepper in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir continuously until the cheese has melted and the ingredients are well incorporated.
Recipe Tips and Variations
Frequently Asked Questions
My favorite cheeses to use for homemade cheese sauce are cheddar, gruyere, havarti, Swiss, and parmesan.
If your cheese sauce is too thick, add a little extra cream or stock. If it is too thin, add more cheese.
I like to serve this with a veggie tray, with chips, over top of roasted vegetables, on eggs, on steak, and on chicken. The possibilities are endless.
What to serve with this keto cheese sauce
- Pour it over these Roasted Cauliflower Steaks with Bacon
- Use it as a base for this Broccoli and Cheese Soup
- Serve it with Keto Nachos
- Use it as a dip for these Steamed Artichokes
- Serve on top of Loaded Waffle Omelets
- Drizzle some over top of these Beef Birria Quesatacos
- Enjoy it on top of these Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers
Other Recipes You Might Enjoy
- Keto Cheese Sauce
- Waffle Omelets with Cheese Sauce
- Low Carb Peanut Chicken Skillet
- Creamy Chicken Scampi – Olive Garden Copycat
Sign Up For Our Newsletter
NEVER MISS A RECIPE! Get our newest recipes sent directly to your inbox as soon as they are released. CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE
REVIEW AND FOLLOW: Have you tried this recipe? If so, please leave a comment and ⭐️ rating below. If you make our recipes and share them, be sure to use our hashtag #peaceloveandlowcarb on social! We love seeing what you are making. FOLLOW Peace Love and Low Carb on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST for more delicious recipes.
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Place the heavy cream, cheddar cheese, garlic, Dijon mustard, hot sauce, salt, and pepper in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir continuously until the cheese has melted and the ingredients are well incorporated.
- net carbs per serving: 1g
- Storage: Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to one week.
- Reheating: Reheat leftover cheese sauce in a sauce pan on the stove top. It may be necessary to add some extra cream to bring the sauce back to life.
- Consistency: If the cheese sauce feels too thick, add more heavy cream a little at a time, until it reaches your desired consistency. If it is too thin, add more cheese.
- Change up the cheese: This keto cheese sauce is delicious with just about any type of cheese you might have on hand. Some of my favorites are smoked mozzarella, gruyere, sharp white cheddar, mozzarella, or parmesan cheeses. Even better, use a mixture of multiple cheeses.
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 10 minutes Category: Condiment recipes Method: Simmer Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: ¼ cup
- Calories: 175
- Fat: 12g
- Carbohydrates: 1
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 8g
Keywords: keto cheese sauce, low carb cheese sauce, homemade cheese sauce, the best cheese sauce recipe, cheddar cheese sauce, how do you make cheese sauce
The post Keto Cheese Sauce appeared first on Peace Love and Low Carb.